If you’re looking for fast and flexible office technology to align with your business goals, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500 III series could be just the transformation you need. These ultra-fast black and white multifunction devices can print up to 105 pages per minute (ppm), and offer added benefits such as flexible media handling, inline finishing and the very best in innovative document security.
All three devices in the series include mono printing, copying and scanning functionality as standard, with the additional option of faxing too. This series of MFPs is particularly well-suited to high production environments and central reprographics departments (CRDs), where optimal image quality is vital. This is because the fast and even toner supply, combined with advanced monochrome technologies results in sharp and vibrant high-quality images. Let us introduce you to the three models…
- Prints 85 ppm in black and white
- 7,700 sheet capacity
- Prints 95 ppm in black and white
- 7,700 sheet capacity
- Prints 105 ppm in black and white
- 7,700 sheet capacity
The user interface on these iR ADV printers features an intuitive digital touchscreen panel that works with a single touch, making it extremely easy for anyone in your workplace to operate. You can rest assured that your devices are always secure too, with the optional addition of uniFLOW, Canon’s secure cloud-based solution, which adds another element of security, as your printer/s cannot be accessed unless the user enters a PIN code, card login and/or a combination of both.
From talking to our customers, we know that uniFLOW adds endless benefits for businesses, particularly the fact that all print activity can be monitored, so costs can be constantly reviewed. The software integrates with all of your existing devices to enable printing and scanning from anywhere, subject to user authentication.
We’ve highlighted some of the top features and benefits of the iR-ADV 8500 III series…
- Ability to print policies, monitor output, and restrict usage by user helps reduce unnecessary printing, enables cost recovery, and can help save on paper usage and toner
- Tight integration with output management solutions, such as uniFLOW enables detailed tracking, reporting and cost analysis
- Consistent user operation, combined with remote and centralised fleet control, can help simplify the IT management for devices and entire fleets
- Quality and reliability, combined with remote diagnostics and assistance, contribute to maximising uptime and reduce the time spent resolving IT issues
- Control who has access to the device with authentication by using the standard Universal Login Manager application
- Help prevent unauthorised distribution of sensitive information with a range of standard and optional document security features
- Facilitate information privacy and security by controlling access with IPsec, port filtering capabilities and SSL technology
- An intuitive user interface with a large, responsive colour touchscreen enables easy operation
- Scalable support for mobile and flexible workers can increase efficiency by allowing employees to capture or print documents and access cloud applications on the go
- My ADVANCE enables a unique, personal experience, creating a customised user experience tailored to meet each user’s workflow needs
- Scan and convert documents to Searchable PDF, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint files through a single-pass, duplexing document feeder that holds up to 300 originals
- Canon’s MEAP platform supports a range of integrated solutions designed to simplify workflow and help provide a holistic business solution
- Create professional-looking reports, booklets, newsletters, manuals, proposals, and contracts with flexible finishing options such as professional punching, folding, document insertion, and booklet-making
- The optional imagePASS print controller, an outstanding choice for busy operations, provides robust processing capabilities, variable data printing (VDP), and a print production workflow
- Fusing technologies, precise output toner, and innovative sleep mode features support lower overall energy consumption
- Minimise waste with default two-sided printing, Secure Printing, and the ability to hold print jobs, preview them and change print settings at the device
- ENERGY STAR certified and rated EPEAT Gold
- Canon’s signature reliability and engine technologies result in consistent high-quality output to meet the needs of busy offices and Central Reprographics Departments (CRDs)/In-plant Printers
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for striking images in rich black and white tones and 1200-dpi print resolution
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications to help keep supplies replenished, intuitive user maintenance videos, the ability to replace toner instantly and automatic job re-routing
- The ability to pre-configure devices makes installation easy and fleet management is simplified with the ability to synchronise settings across multiple devices
- Standard Genuine Adobe PostScript and PCL support integration with enterprise applications and legacy systems to help streamline business processes
- Canon’s device management tools give you a centralised point of control across your entire fleet, including the ability to check device status and consumables, turn off devices remotely, capture meter readings, as well as manage address books and printer drivers
The finishing options are significant benefit for our customers, and they include a three-tray staple finisher, with a capacity of 500 sheets in two trays and 3,000 sheets in a third tray, supporting multi-position stapling of up to 65 sheets. Another one is the booklet finisher with saddle stitching, with the same tray and stapling capacities as the stapling finisher but the ability to saddle stitch up to 20 sheets. A two or three-hole puncher can be added to any unit too, if required.
These devices are part of the 3rd edition of the third-generation platform, which were upgraded earlier this year with features that help support us in our commitment to delivering the latest innovations in office technology. If your business requires a highly productive and reliable mono digital printer or fleet of printers, this is the solution for you!
Talk to our team today to find out more about how these multi-functional printers could transform your workplace by saving you money, increasing productivity and improving efficiencies.