We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our team here in Bracknell. It’s an exciting time to join BTS, as we move into the next phase of our growth and build on our current success. We’re looking for someone who is keen to be part of that growth; an individual with the enthusiasm to develop relationships with our customers, who are at the heart of everything that we do.
Our engineers play an extremely important role in our business; they’re the people in our team that customers often see the most, so they are essentially the face of BTS. We know from talking to our clients that the friendly and approachable nature of our engineers is a huge benefit to them, and we are keen to continue this and constantly improve our customer service.
As one of our Field Service Engineers you will be involved in the installation and servicing of our printers for our customers located across Berkshire, along the M4 corridor and in London. This role is ideal for a service engineer looking to join a company that can offer long-term stability and a technical challenge.
- Fault diagnosis and effective repair, servicing and refurbishment of equipment on-site and in-house to a high standard
- Managing deliveries and collections, installation of office equipment and consumables
- Delivery to company service SLA’s
- Technical training and updates
- Customer liaison
- Computer call log update of service/fault details
- General workshop duties including stock maintenance & control
Knowledge, skills and experience that are essential to the role:
- A background in printers/photocopiers
- IT literate
- Technical qualifications e.g. engineering qualification, computer studies, maths
- An aptitude for assimilation and diagnosis of technical problems and resolution
- Willing to continually update technical training and develop new skills
- Customer focussed approach, professional and clear communication style
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build good rapport with customers and colleagues
- Flexible and organised approach – to meet customer service requirements
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude, with a resourceful approach to finding solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Physically fit and able to lift and manoeuvre devices
- A desire to work in a ‘small’ company environment
- Full clean driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Our mission is to help our customers achieve their goals by delivering excellence. We’re passionate about being the best we can, providing the best service possible and ensuring our customers are at the centre of everything we do.
If you’d like to support us on that mission and this sounds like the role for you, read the full job spec here: https://www.totaljobs.com/job/field-service-engineer/bts-ltd-job85132286.